Monday, November 10, 2008

MBS2 in GENSAN

This post has long been overdue..sorry Mr. Bariles..was kinda busy and out of this world.


Anyways, The 2nd Mindanao Bloggers Summit with its Theme: “Mindanawon Paminawon Intawon: Blogging the Mindanao Consciousness” was held last October 25, 2008 at Family Country Hotel and Convention Center of General Santos City. It was a raining cats and dogs on that Saturday but nevertheless I woke up early to make sure Liann and Retche, my 2 buddies in the office will be able to attend the summit as promised..


I was somewhat apprehensive at first if I can attend the summit as there were earlier plans on that same day which unfortunately and somehow luckily was cancelled. However, when we arrived at the venue i felt doubtful with my presence there as mostly the participants were youngsters..(im quite young pa din naman) hehehe..Good thing, there were a few officemates of mine who attended which made me at ease all the while.


I was attentive the whole time..I never knew the blogging world is such a powerful tool to bring things, places and all sorts into greater heights. I was totally amazed with Jester - with his talk on “An Outsider Pundits about Mindanao Politics, History and Commentary. It was refreshing to hear him talk about Mindanao in another perspective knowing it was his first time here.


Another great speaker was Ms. Aileen Apolo of Google Philippines, she was such an amazing speaker. Despite the fact that her schedule to talk is after lunch time, I never felt sleepy nor did I even yawn. I learned so many things from her after all she is from Google, my number 1 search engine. It was fun and thrilling to hear all the speakers talk on things a new “B” like me never knew could be possible in the blogosphere!


Im glad im into blogging even once in a while. This I owe all because of Mr. Bariles..He never stopped “making kulit.” He even posted the MBS2 poster in my wall in the office for me to be reminded of joining the event.


Thanks kuya..it was really fun..i get to learn how to earn thru blogging and i love the freebies..and the sashimi night and fellowship dinner was really fun… I enjoyed the shindig with retche, liann, kuya ruckie, ate myla, ate mhak, bosing elmer, dexter and balyena and we danced the night away..


Here are some pictures courtesy of Ate Myla:

1_232928544l2

1_234470339l

No comments:

Post a Comment